While traveling with family and friends can be fun, going solo has it perks. You get to choose everything – where to stay, when to eat, what to do on your schedule. And in the northern Berkshires, there’s a lot to choose from!
- Book a massage, facial, and other treatments at InTouch Massage and Day Spa. Take time to delight in their riverside hot tub too!
- Join in a yoga class at Tasha Yoga.
- Find that special book at The Williams Bookstore or Chapter Two Books.
- Shop wearables and gifts at Amy’s Cottage and second hand clothing at ABC.
- Experience movie magic at Images Cinema, our local and friendly independent theater.
- Wander through vast 19th century gallery rooms filled with contemporary art at MASS MoCA.
- The Clark invites quiet contemplation of historic works of art as well as new experiments.
- Lounge outdoors near the reflecting pools at The Clark and stroll the pastoral grounds. Enjoy bird songs, sunsets, and cows.
- Take a short shady hike to the waterfalls at The Cascades in North Adams.
- Soak up the sun, read a book, or people-watch at the Sand Springs Pool in Williamstown.
- If you’d like to join a guided hike or bird walk, see what Williamstown Rural Lands has planned.
- Enjoy lunch at Café 7 at The Clark (on a warm day, take your lunch outside on the terrace or under a tree)
- For an evening meal, visit The Barn Kitchen & Bar for familiar New England classics and seasonally inspired locally sourced cuisine. Find easy seating at the bar or on the patio.
- Mezze Bistro + Bar features the vast flavors of the Mediterranean made within the Berkshires’ different seasons. Enjoy their beautiful dining room and bar or outside deck.
- Find a cozy motel like Maple Terrace, or the newly renovated Springs Motel.
- Go upscale at The Williams Inn at the heart of Williamstown.
- Explore a mix of historical and contemporary features at The Porches Inn located across from MASS MoCA.
- Indulge in contemporary luxury at Fairfield Inn and Suites.
- Stay in Vermont grandeur at Four Chimneys Inn.
Enjoy your solo trip to the northern Berkshires. We look forward to welcoming you!
Explore other trip ideas: