Two sculptured lion sentries guard the entrance to more than 100 acres. Walk or run on the flat?2.2 mile perimeter trail ?or take a morning walk with your dog on the interior mowed paths through the fields.
At the enter of town, at the top of Route 43, a stone bridge crosses the Green River to a shady with picnic tables and a swimming hole that can reach several feet at its deepest.
Flat walking trails wander through the woods and fields along the Green and Hoosic rivers. The Woods Loop travels through a floodplain forest along the rivers and past their confluence, and the field loop skirts ploughed land along the river bank.
A manmade pond that’s fed by the Hemlock Brook has sandy beach and shallow areas for the little ones. Open from dawn til dusk.
Close to town, Windsor Lake invites picnics and swimming on a sandy beach with views of the mountains.?Bring a lawn chair, picnic supper and bathing suit.
Walking trails cross the hills, woods and pastures behind the museum with picnic tables and benches along the way to enjoy the views of the mountains. Open year-round.
At the historic art deco house and folley, picnic tables overlook the pond just off the lot next to the Folly. The gardens are open to visitors, and trails wander through fields where bobolinks nest and along the river.
Where the Roaring Brook meets the Green River, tables and small grills give picnic spots just off Route 43. Follow the road through the park and uphill to find Hopper Road and trail heads for Mount Greylock.
A network of meadows, swamps and woodlands covers?more than 1,000 acres on the slopes of Mount Greylock, with picnic tables by the pond,?an accessible trail and a mountain biking trail and trails for walking, hiking, romping with dogs and horseback riding.
Paved roads lead up the state’s tallest peak to a broad view ? picnic in the meadow or climb the lighthouse tower of the World War I memorial to see still farther across the valley, or rest at the 1930s lodge.
The Ashuwillticook Rail Trail runs north to south along Route 8, from Lanesborough and north to the visitor center in Adams.
In 368 acres of northern hardwood forest,?Mauserts Pond has picnic and a pavilion area, and the pond is surrounded by 9.5 miles of foot trails along which visitors may observe a variety of wildlife, and perhaps a moose.
This 50-acre former dairy farm was purchased by the Williamstown Rural Lands Foundation in 2000. Art and Ella Rosenburg and their son ‘young Art’ moved here in 1933 and had a milking herd for more than 50 years. The Williams Outing Club operated a rope ski tow here from the late 1930’s to the mid […]