Make a lantern for a summer night, try your hand at rug weaving, or craft your own mandolin. Local art classes range from age-old to high-tech.
- ArtWorks in the Norad Mill in North Adams offers a welcoming variety of art workshops for all ages. In South County, IS183 Art School offers classes including painting, ceramics and metalwork.
- Berkshire Stringed Instruments teaches hands-on courses in making guitars, mandolins and ukuleles.
- Local artists teach ceramics and printmaking at the Eclipse and Beaver Mills in North Adams, quilt lessons at Karen’s Quilting Corner in Williamstown, pottery classes in Pownal, Vt., and screen printing at Shire City Sanctuary in Pittsfield.
- The Clark Art Institute and Mass MoCA often lead artmaking activities for families.
- Classes are temporarily cancelled due to COVID-19. They remain listed here to remind us of the Berkshire’s cultural wealth. Institutions are working hard to make it through this challenging time. Please consider a donation to, or purchasing a gift certificate from your favorite workshop venues.
Based in the Citizen’s Hall in Stockbridge, IS183 offers classes and workshops primarily in South County. IS183 brings art to families and children year-round in school and after-school programs, school vacation and summer camps. At their home base, the school offers courses for kids, teens and adults in ceramics and fiber art, sculpture and metalwork, […]
Jackie Sedlock Pottery, a gallery and teaching studio, offers weekly classes, private instruction, workshops and retreats in the studio at the end of a dirt road on the edge of the Green Mountain National Forest.
Back to top
ArtWorks is a place where community members of all ages come to make art.