The Clark’s campus is the ideal setting for a snowshoe adventure! Visit the equipment rack near the Manton Research Center and borrow a pair of snowshoes to discover the beauty of our campus in winter. Take pictures, share them with #clarkart, and leave us a note in the snowshoe journal (look inside the desk on the side of the rack) to tell us about your snow trek!
A few suggestions to prepare for your journey:
- Snowshoeing is an enjoyable, but physically demanding, activity. Make certain that you are in good physical condition and able to complete your full route.
- For your safety: dress for winter weather conditions, carry a water bottle and/or snacks, take a phone with you, and take a copy of our trail map. Always hike with a companion.
- In an emergency, call the Clark’s Security Office at 413 458 0412.
- Help us maintain this activity: if any equipment looks damaged, notify the Clark’s staff and do not use it.
- Please rehang your equipment when finished using it.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Equipment is made available for use at your own risk. The Clark’s grounds are home to a number of wild animals—don’t attempt to touch them. For additional details, see the legal disclaimer.